Selling Your Home? Why Haven’t You Considered Property Staging?
Unfortunately, many people spend time inside staging their home while neglecting their outdoor area. Property staging (prepping your home’s landscaping) is definitely an important aspect that home buyers consider and as such it is worth it to pay attention to how your home looks both inside and outside.
Curb Appeal is Critical
First impressions are important which is why you should focus on your home’s curb appeal when you are considering putting it on the market. This only makes sense because the outside of your home is the first thing a potential buyer sees. Some buyers will drive right by a house that has poor curb appeal, without even giving the inside a chance.
Did you know?:
- Property staging can add between 7-15% to your home’s value
- Landscaping will bring a recovery value of 100% – 200% at selling time
- 95% of members of the Society of Real Estate Appraisers say real estate staging adds to property value
- 99% of Society of Real Estate Appraisers members agree that property staging increases the speed of home sales
In order to enter the inside of your home a potential buyer has to drive up to your property and then walk across the landscape. This means that the first impression of your property and home is really dependent on how nice the outside of your property looks. In other words, your landscaping is everything!
Curb appeal is important all year round. Landscaping is especially important in the spring and summer months, but during fall and winter you also want to pay attention to it. Whether your leaves are neatly raked and your driveway and walkways are nicely shovelled will make a difference to potential buyers.
Tips for Effective Property Staging
Property staging doesn’t have to be expensive. You might be afraid of the costs involved but really you can keep things simple and still get a good return on your investment. Here are some easy tips that you can follow in order to improve the outside of your property for staging purposes:
- Remove lawn ornaments or other personalized decorations because although some potential buyers might like them they will probably not appeal to everyone
- Trim your shrubs and trees
- Consider laying fresh mulch
- Ensure the property is clean and clear of clutter
Take a walk up to your front door and pay attention to what you see, what sticks out and if any area seems empty.
Hire a Professional for Help
Not everyone has a green thumb and if you are nervous about staging your property your best bet is to contact a professional landscaper or landscape architect for help. Landscapers can offer a wide range of services to help with your property staging, including:
- Manicuring lawns
- Edging and blowing
- Shrub pruning
- Re-defining beds and borders
- Resealing driveways and fixing walkways
- Performing a basic clean up
- Adding landscape enrichment
- Creating or enhancing garden elements
- Renovating the overall design
- Installing new features
When it comes to landscaping for property staging your goal should be to create an appealing presentation of your property. Contact Cedargate Landscaping today to request a design consultation and learn more about property staging. Keep it clean and simple and you will sell your home in no time at all!