5 Ways Landscaping Can Increase Your Home Value
Landscaping is one of the most important and efficient methods to increase your home’s value.
Not only will proper, professional landscaping increase your home’s value, it is also great for the environment and has been shown to improve your health, too!
So whether you’re thinking about selling your home in the near future, or keeping it in your family, landscaping design can boost your curb appeal and increase the property value tremendously.
With the support and insight from a professional landscaping company, a gorgeous landscape that will enhance your lifestyle and home value is within reach.
Here are five ways to increase your home’s value with our landscaping design services.
1. DESIGN YOUR LANDSCAPE WITH A STRATEGY IN MIND
A landscape design project takes a bit of strategy if you’re wanting to increase your home’s property value.
That being said, you shouldn’t fill your entire yard with various plantings and landscape design elements just for the sake of adding them to your yard.
A landscaping professional will help you achieve a uniform look with just the right amount of shrubs and perennials – with just enough diversity to keep it interesting, but not so little that your landscape is plain and boring.
2. ADD TREES TO YOUR YARD
In one study by the Wall Street Journal, trees helped homes sell for 10-15% more than their asking prices.
- Trees remove carbon dioxide and pollution from the air
- People view them as an environmentally-friendly option
- Shade that trees produce keep yards cooler and more inviting
- Plants, including trees, are a stress reliever and bring a relaxing, calming feeling to a space
3. HAVE A UNIFORM STYLE BETWEEN YOUR HOME AND LANDSCAPE
Having a modern style home with a Mediterranean-style landscape design, creates too many opportunities for design clashing, and takes away from the home’s appeal – which in turn, decreases the home’s property value.
You’re much better off creating a versatile landscape that can be adapted to any style home, in the instance that your tastes change or you decide to sell your home.
Try creating a more modern landscape by relying on plenty of greenery, perennials, and manicured planters that fit the curves and edges of your property.
4. DEFINE YOUR LAWN EDGES
Edging your lawn along driveways, sidewalks, and garden beds shows prospective buyers how meticulous your property’s upkeep is, and that the rest of your property must be in pristine condition, too.
- Use a sharp spade or edge to create a neat separation between your lawn and garden bed or walkways
- Add a physical barrier such as timber, brick, or stone between your lawn and walkways
5. ADD COLOUR
Beautiful flowers, thick shrubbery, and blooming plants will create instant curb appeal for your home and give your landscape a well-maintained appearance.
And if you add aromatic plants and flowers to your landscape design, they will add intriguing scents to your gardens and invite birds and butterflies to your yard.
READY TO INCREASE YOUR HOME’S VALUE? WE CAN HELP.
Of all the improvements to boost a home’s property value, landscaping is one that comes with the most benefits and has the highest return on investment.
But in order to do it properly, and get the most for your money, you need to work with a professional landscaping company.
The Cedargate team has been transforming yards and gardens across Southern Ontario, and we can do the same for you.
- MORE ON LANDSCAPE LIGHTING - February 16, 2019
- 5 Ways Landscaping Can Increase Your Home Value - January 5, 2019
- From Ugly Duckling to Stunning Swan (A Customer’s Tale) - July 4, 2017
- 5 Ways to Add Privacy to Your Yard - June 1, 2017
- What’s All The Buzz About Bees? - May 1, 2017
- Grow a Beautiful Kitchen Garden in Your Backyard - March 27, 2017
- WHY (AND HOW) YOU SHOULD BRING BEES TO YOUR GARDEN - June 16, 2016
- NEW OAKVILLE LANDSCAPING CONTRACTOR REGULATIONS - April 29, 2016
- STAYCATION LANDSCAPING - April 14, 2016
- CHEMICAL-FREE WAYS TO KEEP MOSQUITOES AWAY - March 17, 2016