From Ugly Duckling to Stunning Swan (A Customer’s Tale)
Recently, Cedargate Landscaping worked on the home of Jason & Denise Gervais in Milton. They were so impressed with the results; they asked if they could share their story. So here it is.
GUESS WHOSE HOUSE STUCK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB?
Weeds were taller than our grade school son.
The front yard lawn looked more like desert than grass.
And the garden didn’t really look much like one.
It was problematic enough. Compared to the other nicely manicured homes in our neighbourhood, it was downright embarrassing.
We had the time. We had the budget. And we certainly had the motivation to transform our landscape design.
So we decided to contact Cedargate Landscaping.
THEY CAME. THEY ASKED. THEY PLANNED.
Members of the Cedargate team came to our place and asked us about our unique landscape design wish list.
They might as well have dressed up as Santa Claus, because we told them everything we wanted:
From there, Cedargate got down to work.
They measured. They sketched. They planned things out. They asked us questions.
And all of it made us feel comfortable and confident.
Was it ambitious? Absolutely.
But we figured making such an investment now would pay off many times over for years to come.
Plus, we were tired of having a lawn that looked like it was being eaten by goats.
THE CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES COME (BUT YOU’D NEVER KNOW IT)
With the plan finalized, it was time to begin the landscape construction.
We were concerned that the trucks and noise would be a hassle to our neighbours, but Cedargate was exceptionally mindful of them.
They made sure to stay out of the way while digging up and rebuilding our landscaping.
And they never left a big mess at the end of each day.
That was very much appreciated.
CHANGES START TO TAKE SHAPE
The biggest aspect of the landscape services we requested was updating the front yard grading.
A complete grading transformation was out of the question (mainly due to the infrastructure underneath our home).
We wanted to change it enough to have a true front-of-the-house garden with room for all our favourite plants.
And while that was happening, Cedargate also:
- Delivered and installed more than a dozen large landscaping rocks and armor stones
- Replaced our yellow grass with fresh sod (real green grass, imagine that)
- Added dark, black mulch to our new garden beds
- Built an interlock walkway leading from the front to the backyard
Our front lawn started out as an overgrown eyesore.
At this point, it was an action-packed construction site.
Soon, it would be finished and fabulous.
IT’S DONE. IT’S BEAUTIFUL. AND IT’S OURS.
When we started this process, our landscape stood out from all the others – for all the wrong reasons. It looked old, tired and out-of-control.
Today, it stands out because it’s fresh, vibrant and bright.
More importantly than that, it’s uniquely ours.
In our heads, we had a vision of what our landscaping could be.
Cedargate took that vision from our imagination and onto paper.
And then, they took those blueprints and built something that completely surpassed our expectations.
Now we stand out for all the right reasons, we are stopped on the sidewalk and have even had knocks on our door to find out who did the work, it’s gorgeous!
A FINAL WORD ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE WITH CEDARGATE LANDSCAPING
On their website, they have a page about what makes them unique.
We suggest you read it, because it’s not marketing fluff.
Cedargate promised – and delivered:
- Personalized, one-on-one attention
- Commitment to creating a one-of-a-kind landscape design for us
- Incredible levels of workmanship and detail
- A total redesign & transformation of our garden (when we thought it wasn’t possible)
Thank you, Cedargate for bringing our dreams to life and giving us a space we can enjoy with our family and friends!
- MORE ON LANDSCAPE LIGHTING - February 16, 2019
- 5 Ways Landscaping Can Increase Your Home Value - January 5, 2019
- From Ugly Duckling to Stunning Swan (A Customer’s Tale) - July 4, 2017
- 5 Ways to Add Privacy to Your Yard - June 1, 2017
- What’s All The Buzz About Bees? - May 1, 2017
- Grow a Beautiful Kitchen Garden in Your Backyard - March 27, 2017
- WHY (AND HOW) YOU SHOULD BRING BEES TO YOUR GARDEN - June 16, 2016
- NEW OAKVILLE LANDSCAPING CONTRACTOR REGULATIONS - April 29, 2016
- STAYCATION LANDSCAPING - April 14, 2016
- CHEMICAL-FREE WAYS TO KEEP MOSQUITOES AWAY - March 17, 2016