NEW OAKVILLE LANDSCAPING CONTRACTOR REGULATIONS
On April 1, 2016, a new business law came into effect in Oakville.
It states that ALL landscaping contractors (like Cedargate Landscaping) must have a business license issued by the Town of Oakville.
In order to receive that business license, a landscape design company must be able to provide the following:
- Verified police check on the listed owner of the business
- Business liability insurance (minimum $2 million liability)
- Up-to-date articles of incorporation
- Comprehensive list of all landscape services offered
- Abstract of all business or commercial fleet vehicles
- WSIB clearance to perform work on your property
Any landscape contractor which fails to produce any of the above documents will not be issued a business license.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Over the years, there’s been an epidemic of unprofessional landscape contractors doing business in Oakville.
You know the type: guys with a truck and shovel, trying to pass themselves off as legitimate landscapers.
This new Oakville business license weeds out those “fly by night” companies who are unreliable and don’t hold themselves accountable to homeowners.
It also helps you – the customer – differentiate between legitimate landscape construction professionals and people you should steer clear of.
THIS NEW LICENSE IS A GOOD THING
Your trust is the most important asset we have at Cedargate Landscaping.
It’s allowed us to provide award-winning landscape services for over 25 years and enabled us to be proud members of:
- Landscape Ontario
- The Better Business Bureau
- The Oakville Chamber of Commerce
The new licensing laws are more than just a piece of paper permitting us to do business in Oakville and for Mississauga, Milton & Georgetown.
It’s a symbol of trust and customer satisfaction that you can rely on. Every single time.
Download FREE guide
Get your FREE landscape planning guide & learn what you should know before starting your project.
SADLY, IT’S ALWAYS BUYER BEWARE
Please do your homework before hiring any contractor.
Otherwise you may be very disappointed with the outcome.
Also, if there is an accident on your property and these licensing qualifications have not been met, the cost of the damage would be going through your homeowners insurance.
LET US EARN YOUR TRUST
- MORE ON LANDSCAPE LIGHTING - February 16, 2019
- 5 Ways Landscaping Can Increase Your Home Value - January 5, 2019
- From Ugly Duckling to Stunning Swan (A Customer’s Tale) - July 4, 2017
- 5 Ways to Add Privacy to Your Yard - June 1, 2017
- What’s All The Buzz About Bees? - May 1, 2017
- Grow a Beautiful Kitchen Garden in Your Backyard - March 27, 2017
- WHY (AND HOW) YOU SHOULD BRING BEES TO YOUR GARDEN - June 16, 2016
- NEW OAKVILLE LANDSCAPING CONTRACTOR REGULATIONS - April 29, 2016
- STAYCATION LANDSCAPING - April 14, 2016
- CHEMICAL-FREE WAYS TO KEEP MOSQUITOES AWAY - March 17, 2016